Air Conditioner is not luxury anymore nowadays it’s considered to be the basic necessity of every house.Due to global warming and increased pollution level, Temperature of the earth is touching new heights. In order to fight this level of heat of course we need a conditioning therapy.
Coming to the point, choosing the best air conditioner is also a tough task as there number of options available in the market to choose from. There is a lot of confusion when it comes to selecting the best air conditioner for your home. You always want to get the best and most efficient machine for yourself which is value for money, less running and maintenance cost. Isn’t it?
To select a best air conditioner you need to keep few factors in mind which are mentioned below:
First you need to check the cooling capacity you need for your room or area where you want to install the air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in Tonnes also known as Ton.Cooling capacity is the efficiency of the machine.
For Room Area 60-90 sqft – 1 Ton is sufficient
For Room Area 100-150 sqft – 1.5 Ton
For Room Area 150 -200 sq ft – 2.0 Ton
There are also some other factors which directly affect the tonnage. We need to do heat load calculation to get the best AC.
- How many people are present in the room
- Is roof or side wall exposed to the sun
- Is there any equipment in the room generating heat
- Light load of the room
- Surrounding temperature
- Height of the ceiling
It’s best to consult an engineer or technician and share this data with their team to find out the tonnage of the air conditioner. There is also some online computer software which can help you with the heat load calculation of the specific area. Like this one – Tonnage Calculator.
Types of AC
Now you need to find out which is the best AC that fits into your room. If there is any window then you should go for window AC and if you think the room is large and worried about interior designing then you should go for split AC.
Advantages of Window AC
- Easily portable
- Easy to install
- Low cost as compared to split AC
- Low maintenance cost
Disadvantage of Split AC
- Good for small area
- Air flow rate is less
- You need to manually shift the flaps for air flow
- Consume more electricity ( Not all AC but most of them )
- Few companies manufacturing Window Inverter Technology
Advantages of Split AC
- Quiet Operation
- Cover more area, Air flow rate is more as compared to window
- Most of the functions can be controlled via remote
- Can be installed on any wall of the room depending upon copper piping and drain pipe route.
- Available in both inverter and fixed speed technology
Disadvantages of Split AC
- Installation is not that easy
- Need more space for outdoor location
- Extra maintenance and service cost