Fire Engineer is considered as one of the toughest engineering degrees in India & not only in India but also in other countries. It’s obvious because it has many risks after completing a degree as well as while training. Fire Engineering is an application of scientific and engineering principles. Rules & expert judgments are basic requirements. It is based on an understanding of the phenomena and effects of fire also the reaction and behavior of people to fire, to protect people, property, and the environment from the destructive effects of fire. You have to be brave or prepared before going for fire engineering or any other. It includes training on live fire explosions, fire safety measures & many more. Fire engineers work to protect the life of people, property & the wider environment from the risk of fire.
Their role is also similar to Fire Safety Consultants, who conduct fire risk classes to teach some emerging & upcoming fire engineers. Now let’s talk about the major works under this adventurous degree.
• Checking the fire-related risk & reducing or eliminating them
• Making designs, calculations, diagrams to help or prevent fire & fire spread
• Applying fire safety procedures into designs – such as sprinkler systems, emergency exits, and fire alarms – to make the low risk of injury and loss of life in the event of a fire
• Keeping the rules & regulation up-to-date
• Using modeling software
• Writing reports on a fire rescue strategy
• Acting as an expert witness in court and judicial proceedings, if required not necessary
Required Skills for Fire Engineer :-
• Technical ability
• IT skills
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to do multi-tasks and manage a heavy workload
• Commercial awareness
• Stay updated regarding the changes in fire safety regulations and legislation
• Good communication skills
• Team working, relationship-building, and influencing skills.
As a fire engineer, you have to travel to different- different worksites, so you may always carry your driving license.
Educational qualification to be a Fire Engineer :-
• Eligibility criteria to go for BE in fire engineering are B.Sc in chemistry with either mathematics or physics or both these subjects are essential.
• The age limit is between19 to 21.
• You can also go for fire engineering just after 12th but you must have Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry in class 12th.
Apart from the educational qualification, the candidate should have some physical standards :-
They should be physically fit and free from any disease to undergo practical training. Minimum physical standards requirements for the Fire Engineering courses are:-
• Height: Minimum 165 cm
• Weight: 50 kg
• Chest measurement: 81 centimeters, with five-centimeter expansion,
• Vision: 6/6, preferably without any aid.
Jobs Title after Fire Engineer :-
• Engineers of this sector can go in any sector either in government or private, it depends on which suits them.
• The scope in this field is very vast. They can also be hired by the industries which manufacture chemical or inflammable products like petroleum refineries & many more.
• They may also work as surveyors in insurance companies.
• Fire prevention research engineer
• Fire protection engineer
• Loss control manager
Salary of Fire Engineer :-
As per as my research the Average Salary of a fresher engineer is 264,832 per annum. But when you have some experience in this field then you can achieve the success you can’t imagine how much.
Students who want to opt for these above mention fields as career look for the institutes in Indore, Madhya Pradesh that provide them with world-class education along with the best facilities then Vikrant Group of Institutions are going to be a good option for you. To acquire the full benefit of this course at a very feasible price then fire engineering colleges in Indore are best & they have highly qualified faculty in close coordination with modern corporations.